28 Things every Christian should know
- A Christian is
not one who goes to church; A Christian is the Church.
- You became a Christian by: Admitting your profound sinfulness, confessing it to God and repenting of it, acknowledging that your goodness can't save you, accepting and acknowledging Jesus love and sacrifice in your place, admitting that He is the way, the truth, the life and the only way to the Father, asking him to come into your life and make you born again makes you a Christian. (All these done with a sincere heart. It's not a formula of words and patterns that makes you saved but the sincere repentance in humility on your part)
- You did not
receive your salvation because of your morality, performance and goodness; you
received it because of Christ’s holiness, performance and faithfulness.
- You cannot earn
your salvation; your most moral deeds are filthy before a Holy God (Isaiah 64:6)
- If you could
earn your salvation, then God’s standards would be questionably low.
- You cannot lose
your salvation. (Romans 8:38-39)
- If you think you
can lose your salvation, chances are that you think that you earned it.
- Your salvation
was not earned by your goodness but by Christ’s work on the cross.
- Many people who
call Jesus Lord will not enter heaven; they are not truly saved (Matthew
- Good, charitable deeds are not a sign of salvation.
- Gifts and talents are NOT a sign of Salvation
- The FRUIT of the
Holy Spirit is a sign of Salvation (Galatians 5)
- If you do not speak in
tongues it does not mean that you are not born again. Fruits, not gifts are a sign of our salvation.
- Love for each
other is a sign of salvation (John 13:34-35)
- Being born-again
means you are saved from sin, but you are not saved from its influence because
we live in a fallen world.
- No temptation is
too strong for any believer. We have the grace to win. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- We have extraordinary
power available to us to overcome temptation and live a godly life (2 Peter
- Venturing into a
tempting environment is foolish and against the will of God (2 Timothy 2:22)
- Those who think
they are strong by walking into sin will fall because they hold onto their pride (1 Corinthians 10:12)
- You will not be
judged by God for your sins; Christ took care of that on the cross
- That means you
will see the Kingdom of Heaven
- However, you will
be judged by God on your stewardship of the resources he gave you on Earth (2
- That means you
may or may not receive a reward in the Kingdom of Heaven.
- God loves
people; you should too
- Our love for people shouldn't be based on their performance but on just because; unconditional love!
- The Kingdom of Heaven will be full of sinners...all repentant.
- The Kingdom of Heaven and Hell are not divided into good versus bad people but into humble versus proud people, all sinners. The former humbly repentant. The latter, proudly unrepentatnt
- Religion is not a bad word. The Bible uses it. James 1:27 "Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself stained from the world."
Labels: Christ, Christian, Christianity, God, Grace, Salvation, Sin